Pembury Partners are assisting an international client based in Greenwich, Connecticut USA, looking to hire an experienced live-in rider trainer and stable manager couple with USA passports for a beautiful private estate with stable of 20 stalls.
This role is best suited to someone prepared to make a long-term commitment. The ideal couple will be professional, reliable, and comfortable living in close proximity of the estate owners. Separate accommodation on estate grounds offered.
We are looking for a couple with a genuine love for horses and excellent relevant experience to see to the daily high-quality care of the family’s five horses, as well as the day to day running of the stables.
The role starts asap.
Amongst the duties:
- Working alongside the Principals’ experienced current manager with a view to one day take over from them
- Caring for 5 horses, 3 of which are very active
- Mucking out, feeding, grooming, cleaning the stables, clipping, blanketing, wrapping, trailering and a good understanding of basic equine ailments and wellbeing of the horses is also required.
- Ride daily, including with the two Principals and their adult and teenage children
- Cover for the current Manager when off duty
- Oversee the maintenance of facilities and supplies and keep detailed records..
- Ensure safety procedures at all times
Skillset required :
- Experience and dedication a must
- Eligible to work in the USA
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- English speaking, excellent communicator
- Positive attitude and hardworking
Salary, accommodation and benefits: competitive, healthcare provided, separate accommodation provided within estate grounds.
To discuss further, please contact Elvie Dakin at Pembury Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org