Pembury Partners are currently looking for an upcoming Financial Director with strong experience working in family offices settings to join an international FO London-based.
Background on Family Office (FO):
- Principal of FO is UHNW UK individual who is fully occupied in separate business that has generated the family wealth.
- Principal is expanding the business interests of the FO through increased exposure to a range of investments from real estate through to private equity style investments, in the UK, US and elsewhere.
- FO currently has:
- Property assets in UK, France and Caribbean.
- US Business Partnership that owns property assets in the US.
- Private Equity style investments in the UK.
- Other assets and investments associated with UHNW individual
Role and Responsibilities:
- Role is part of small FO structure that is split between the UK and US. The FO HQ is London and the role is as one of 4 employees in the UK office. One of the four is the Finance Manager who will report directly to this role.
- The London Office also provides all finance function support for the US Office where the Principal’s partner and family are based.
- The responsibilities of the role are both ‘broad’ and ‘deep’ – in essence to be the ‘first port of call’ for all things financial.
- Central responsibility is to lead the London finance function through the day-to-day management of the Finance Manager, whose responsibilities include:
- preparing and maintaining the books and records
- cash management
- payroll reporting and payments to suppliers
- tax compliance
- financial management reporting for the Principal showing movement in net wealth, cash, operating income and expenditure
- management of finance calendar – ensuring all deadlines are met (internal, external, regulatory, service provider agreements, payments).
- Corporate secretarial – keeping registers up to date for the various entities / working with the service provider to achieve this
- Wider responsibilities include:
- Enhancing and maintaining the formal operating and reporting processes of the finance function – including the reporting from overseas operations.
- Management of the 3rd party IT provider and evaluating alternative solutions
- Tax planning and reporting for FO and the Principal – with support of external advisers.
- Dealing with external advisers such as accountants, lawyers, bankers, property agents
- Preparation of financial plans and budgets for the FO
- HR – management of joiners & leavers, inc. pension, benefits and insurances.
- Management of telephony system provider
- Handling personal investments and disposals made by the Principal eg Trade coordination and settlement
- Cost analysis / evaluation of service providers for key assets
- Bank financing of existing assets and future investments.
- Insurance of current assets and investments.
- Review and monitoring of budgets and progress of the underlying investments.
Reporting and Communication:
- Direct line report to Principal
- Direct reporting to US Partner
- Confidence in dealing direct with the Principal and Partner
- Self-starter with a can do attitude
- Ability to work to short response timelines
- Methodical, structured and detail orientated
- Understanding of the FO environment, in particular the need for discretion and confidentiality
- Required – Establishing and maintaining financial management and reporting processes for small/medium sized business with overseas operations
- Preferred but required – Family Office/HNW exposure
Salary and Benefits:
- £70,000 plus bonus
To discuss this role further please contact Darren Lewis at email@example.com