Pembury Partners are assisting an international Client with the search of a travelling Butler to join the team and assist the Principals and their family. The clients live a fast-paced lifestyle and travel frequently between their main properties in New York, Canada, Barbados, Colombia and additional domestic and international destinations throughout the year. All properties are staffed: the current travelling entourage are NY-based and follow the Clients in their travels. The Clients are very laid back and personable as well as hugely organised and professional: they favour discretion at all times as well as high degree of confidentiality.
The travelling Butler will have experience in luxury service and front of house and will possess an innate sense of service, flexibility and loyalty. This is a wonderful opportunity for a proactive and solution-driven individual to work for a very positive, dynamic and friendly household. The Butler will be already based (or willing to relocate) in either CT or NY and will be within commutable distance to Purchase, NY.
Only candidates eligible to work in USA will be considered for the role. NDA upon starting
The role starts in June 2021 – interviews taking place now.
Amongst the duties:
- Daily schedule of 5 days per week – 6 days per week when travelling – rotational work system in place to ensure down-time is observed
- Meeting and greeting of guests
- Entertaining duties when guest are in residence
- Table and drinks service
- Breakfast preparation
- Assisting with light housekeeping duties
- Flowers and plants care, table decorations
- Drive the principal and have basic knowledge of cars
- Running errands
- General upkeep and maintenance duties (high-pressure cleaning, bulb changing, small repairs, basic electricity and plumbing skills)
- Eligible to work in the USA
- Already based (or willing to relocate) in either CT or NY and will be within commutable distance to Purchase, NY
- Private Household experience, flexibility
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of wines and spirits
- Experience in hospitality/concierge services and formal training highly sought after
- Fitness/Wellness expertise with knowledge of plant-based lifestyle a huge bonus
Salary, benefits and accommodation: Live out (not provided) in NY- accommodations provided in all other locations. All flights, pension, benefits and travel insurance catered for. Salary at $80k circa, with regular review.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Elvie Dakin at email@example.com