Pembury Partners are assisting an international Client with the search of a travelling Team Housekeeper to join the team and assist the Principals and their family. The clients live a fast-paced lifestyle and travel frequently between their main properties in New York, Canada, Barbados, Colombia and additional domestic and international destinations throughout the year. All properties are staffed: the current travelling entourage are NY-based and follow the Clients in their travels. The Clients are very laid back and personable as well as hugely organised and professional: they favour discretion at all times as well as highly degree of confidentiality.
The Team Housekeeper will have experience working within structured and large private households, will be able to work in a team and be at times able to step up to managing third party-suppliers and junior members of staff.
This is a wonderful opportunity for a flexible, experienced housekeeper with excellent eye for detail. The Housekeeper will be already based (or willing to relocate) in either CT or NY and will be within commutable distance to Purchase, NY.
Only candidates eligible to work in USA will be considered for the role. NDA upon starting
The role starts in June 2021 – interviews taking place now.
Amongst the duties:
- Daily schedule of 5 days per week – 6 days per week when travelling – rotational work system in place to ensure down-time is observed
- Work in a team and alongside the Head Housekeeper
- Laundry management inclusive of linen and delicates
- Assisting in the preparation and organisation of social engagements when guests are in residence
- Service if required – if guests are in residence
- Ability to work within a team including the Nanny, Chef, Butler, etc. and to manage local team while in residence abroad
- Cleaning routine to be followed meticulously
- Weekly reports, inventory and re-stocking
- Basic errands that need to be done when required
- The maintenance and upkeep of all cleaning equipment regularly
- Detail-cleaning including of valuables and antiques
- Eligible to work in the USA
- Already based (or willing to relocate) in either CT or NY and will be within commutable distance to Purchase, NY
- Housekeeping experience in private residence or luxury environment
- A secondary language to English is a bonus(French, Spanish)
- Confident driver
- Must have a proactive mindset
- Ability to work unsupervised for long periods of time
- Flexible, honest and trustworthy
Salary, benefits and accommodation: Live out (not provided) in NY- accommodations provided in all other locations. All flights, pension, benefits and travel insurance catered for. Salary at $70k circa, with regular review.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Elvie Dakin at firstname.lastname@example.org