A live in butler/houseman is sought to provide a discreet and daily service to an UHNW family at their home in Greenwich, Connecticut, USA This is a complex and structured estate and the right professional will be able to work independently and in a team. This is an all-encompassing role and responsibilities are varied. The ideal candidate will be flexible, hard-working, and adaptable. The Butler/Houseman will be on duty 5 days per week on a flexible schedule to be agreed in advance with two consecutive days off.
The start date is flexible and dependant of the professional’s availability. The Butler /Houseman will be eligible to work in the USA.
Amongst the duties:
- Oversight of the principal’s property, organising and co-ordinating tradespeople for regular planned, and reactive, maintenance.
- To include but not limited to light self-maintenance such as the replacement of light bulbs, and basic pool maintenance
- Daily but light cooking duties, principally the preparation of the main evening meal for the family
- Occasional driving duties to include driving the principals and family
- Running errands; including provisioning and other household shopping
- Caretaking of the family’s five friendly dogs – walks, administration of medications and monthly treatments, booking of veterinary appointments
- Light IT support such as updating iPads, rebooting Wi-Fi, and signing into streaming accounts on the television systems
- Care and maintenance of the vehicle fleet of 6 vehicles.
- Travel with the family to their homes in the Caribbean and Europe
- eligible to work in the USA.
- Excellent organisational skills with a high attention to detail
- Fluent command of English in both verbal and written communication
- Honest and trustworthy individual with a can-do attitude
- Extensive experience in similar position within a private family residence with contactable references
- Proficient but not necessarily professional cooking skills using fresh seasonal ingredients
- High level of integrity
- Dog lover
- IT literate
- A clean driving licence is a prerequisite
Salary and accommodation: $65,000, negotiable for a truly exceptional candidate – accommodation provided.
To discuss further and express your interest please email Elvie Dakin at firstname.lastname@example.org