Pembury Partners are currently looking for a skilled and experience Head of Maintenance for a vast estate located in Hampshire. The professional will work alongside a team of private household professionals and manage a small maintenance team of two. The role is very hands-on, wide ranging practical experience is more important than qualifications as well as the ability to work with flexibility. The Head of Maintenance will look after all aspects of the property portfolio on the main Hampshire estate and provide occasional work at the Principal’s London property. The Head of Maintenance will report to the Estate Manager: the role will suit a multi-disciplined qualified individual with management and relevant hands-on experience.
The ideal candidate will be based in the immediate proximity of Newbury, Hampshire or willing to relocate nearby – for the right professional a separate accommodation (Cottage) will be made available to them.
The role is to start now, checkable references a must.
Amongst the duties:
- To run the building services department on the Estate comprised of historic principal residence, a number of houses, cottages and outbuildings housing estate staff and third-party rentals
- To supervise Assistant building services Manager and maintenance Operative
- To actively play a hands-on role carrying out mechanical, electrical and other repairs and minor projects on Estate properties and London Residence
- Planning and overseeing building work/projects
- Inspecting Estate properties frequently for signs of damage and wear
- To prepare schedules of work, contract documentation, obtain quotations and manage work carried out by outside contractors
- Communicating with a range of people including employers, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and staff
- To supervise and support work of tradesmen and other maintenance staff
- seeking quotes for smaller projects and the management of contractors and staff.
- Proactive, flexible, able to provide out of hours assistance if required
- Qualifications: A technical /professional qualification in construction/building maintenance or NVQ Level 3 or City and Guilds Apprenticeship or equivalent qualification in relevant trade
- Essential: Training in two or more specific trades – mechanical engineering, electrical and/or plumbing
- Experience in working to a high standard in two or more specific trades
- Knowledge of building construction, maintenance and repairs techniques
- Experience in Mechanical/Electrical Services including Lifts, swimming pools and Audio Visual Equipment
- Supervising experience in maintenance or construction environments
- Good project management skills
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Good communications and personal skills
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- IT skills
- Driving Licence
- Ability to work at height
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety laws and requirements
Salary and benefits: salary is negotiable based on experience and qualifications. Housing can be included in the package if required.
To discuss this opportunity further, please contact Elvie Dakin at email@example.com