Pembury Partners are assisting a returning Client with the search for an experienced, tech-savvy Household Manager to run their main residence in Brooklyn Heights and manage additional properties in New Jersey. The ideal candidate will be based within commutable distance to Brooklyn Heights and New Jersey and will be able to travel between locations regularly. A Household Assistant/Deputy House Manager is already in place, they will work alongside the incoming Household Manager who will lead them and the team whist providing support and guidance. Please note the role is live out, so location knowledge is imperative: someone who has a strong networks of contacts and has worked in similar settings will also be favoured.
The property is fully staffed and informal: all professionals work in good synergy in order to ensure the smooth running of the residence and the family dynamics. The Household Manager will be able to organise all properties, producing supporting inventories, manuals, establishing a network of trusted contractors, managing the household staff and their rotas, provisioning , organising closing/opening of structures and organising events at the main property as required. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who is excellent at communicating, able to lead by example and happy to get involved on a daily basis.
The ideal Household manager will be well connected, have excellent management skills and an understanding of high tech properties. The role will suit a professional who is not heavy handed but is in possess of a friendly and warm disposition, able to work hard and raise standards across all properties. A butler with strong management background within luxury private households might also find this opportunity ideal.
Start date: ASAP
Amongst the duties:
- Monday to Friday, occasional weekend when requested (special events, agreed in advance)
- Ensure the smooth running of the household, managing household staff
- Travel between properties
- Working in a team with HK Team, Nannies, PAs
- Supporting the Principals and their family
- Spot check and retain high standards across the property/ies
- Provisioning for the household
- Manuals, operational to do lists, inventory updating
- Manage household events at the property – knowledge of fine dining service and event management
- Meet and greet of guests, care of guests when in residence
- Coordinating and overseeing external trades
- Eligible to work in the USA
- Based in Brooklyn or Manhattan and within easy reach of New Jersey.
- College degree
- Previous experience in staff and household management is a must
- Excellent communicator and motivator
- Confident, trustworthy, unflappable
- Dynamic, team-orientated, leading by example and hands-on
- Eye for detail
- Driver and happy to travel between properties
- Pet friendly (cats in the house)
- Background check and checkable references
Salary : Salary negotiable and benefits are negotiable, $150k/$200k pa. Benefits package also negotiable. Please discuss at consultation.
To submit your application, please email Elvie Dakin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications, only suitable candidates for this role will be contacted. Interviews and meetings are by appointment only.
Pembury Partners endeavours to reply to all applicants, however, should you not hear back from us within 3 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
Should you wish to get in touch and register your interest for future opportunities and discuss your career path, please email us at email@example.com with a copy of your resume and cover letter.